Jobs – Accountant
The Accountant will prepare financial reports to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related tasks.
- Prepares periodic (monthly) balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements to report to management.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes and creates invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from staff.
- Reconciles client accounts, manages accounts receivable collections, and verifies with staff when clients have paid invoices.
- Handles payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are sent to the appropriate vendors.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Maintains accounting software system and recommends updates to enhance its use.
- Processes reimbursements and payroll.
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Excel.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment; as this role includes various responsibilities from clerical to financial analysis
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary Range: $60,000 – $75,000 (depending on experience)
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- 401K with up to 5% matching
- Monthly cell phone and public transportation allowance
- Supplemental mental health care coverage
- Monthly student loan reimbursement allowance
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!
Aisle 518 Strategies is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.