Jobs – Junior Graphic Designer
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Junior Designer is responsible for executing design projects and working closely with internal teams as well as maintaining an organizational flow within the department. We’re looking for someone who wants to put their skills to work fighting for progressive causes and candidates. Political design is unique and requires someone with confidence in their design instincts and a desire to create things that appeal to a wide variety of people. This position will occasionally require you to throw your aesthetic out the window entirely and open yourself up to new ideas of what “good design” can be. It’s a unique challenge that’s incredibly rewarding!
- Execute design projects for all clients including, but not limited to, campaign ads, graphic emails, branding, and social media graphics
- Work closely with supervisor and internal teams in the design and production of ads and other digital collateral consistent with client branding and objectives
- Edit and organize photo collections for candidates
- Executing in-house design projects for different departments, including presentations, reports, and infographics
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience with one to two years of full time, freelance or internship experience in design and production is required, preferably within the political realm
- Creativity and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously and quickly and meet deadlines
- Proven proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite – InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Bonus skills: photography, video editing, after effects, animation, and gifs
- Flexibility with work schedule, this position requires some evening and weekend work
- Personal interest in and commitment to progressive values and causes
Salary and Benefits
- Salary Range: $50K-58K
- 100 percent employer-paid health, dental and vision plans
- Minimum of 15 flexible, paid time off days each year (not including holidays)
- Open leave policy for illness or childcare needs
- Minimum of 12 weeks paid parental leave
- We’ll buy you a new laptop (MAC or PC, your choice)
- Public transportation allowance
To apply for this position, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please submit a portfolio of relevant work as a link or an attached document. Thank you!
Aisle 518 Strategies is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive organization, women, people of color, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Aisle 518 Strategies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Aisle 518 is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Aisle are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Aisle 518 will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.